Former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has accused his successor, Nyesom Wike, of leading people of the state to blackmail him.
Amaechi noted that since Wike and members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state are jittery that his appointment will be the main determinant of the state politics, they have moved to tarnish his image in the eyes of President Muhammadu Buhari, who detests corruption.
The ex-governor spoke at a reception organized in his honour in Abuja Sunday night.
He said, “Let me tell you what is currently going on in Rivers State. The governor and PDP are afraid of me getting an appointment to the national executive council because that will determine what the politics of Rivers State will be.
“And they know that the current President abhors corruption and the only way they can stop me from getting the appointment is to paint me with corruption. And the people that know me in Rivers State know that I don’t like money. But I am not angry with them. My anger is that in Rivers they know I don’t like money. And I expect them to defend me that I don’t like money.”
The same Wike, according to Amaechi, who used to advise him that merely executing project without wasting money on people would not earn him a second term in office, has sponsored newspapers’ adverts to rubbish his reputation.
Amaechi added:“Governor Nyesome Wike has again sponsored one advert in a bid to rubbish me. He will go and publish in the paper on Monday as advert. Only God knows that if there is one thing I don’t like, I don’t like money. Anybody close to me knows that I don’t like money. Even Nyesom Wike told me you will not win second term if you don’t use money. So all this wasted projects will not deliver us. And I said let us do it once and for all.”
Monday, 3 August 2015
Anybody Close To Me Knows That I Don't Like Money- Rotimi Amaechi - Politics -
Anybody Close To Me Knows That I Don't Like Money- Rotimi Amaechi - Politics -
Unknown
5.0
stars based on
35
reviews
Former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, has accused his successor, Nyesom Wike, of leading people of the state to blackmail him. Amae...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.
Popular Posts
-
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Nigeria’s civil service has a reputation for inefficiency, low productivity and corruption. ...
-
Police officers attached to the Isheri Osun Police Division in Lagos state have been accused of shooting at a tricycle driver Godwin Ekpo...
-
Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike, says Chris Okotie, head pastor of Household of God Church, is not a man of God but an anti-Christ. Ike was spe...
-
The Jigawa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Thursday, arrested four persons, Abdullahi Rabiu, 28, Au...
-
The Belgium goalkeeper is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being hurt in training, with Asmir Begovic set to return to the ...
-
Tonto dikeh's elder bro Charles and his father Mr Dikeh remembered late Mrs Veronia Dikeh who died on 9, sept, 1987 in Rivers State....
-
A 33-year-old unemployed man, John Ena has been charged with stabbing his neighbour with a bottle on her head for playing loud mus...
-
The Argentina international is reportedly attending the birth of his second child but could now be a doubt for Saturday's visit to th...
-
A former Commissioner for Environment in Ondo State and trusted ally of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, Barrister Sola Ebiseni on Tuesday picked t...
-
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that governors, ministers and top civil servants must declare their assets Buhari said the imperative ...
EmoticonEmoticon