Saturday 15 August 2015

Olivier Giroud confident he is the man to lead the Arsenal attack this season

Striker Olivier Giroudremains confident he can prove himself the right man to lead Arsenal's attack this season. The France international has again seen his position come under scrutiny as the Gunners have been linked with a big-money move for Karim Benzema from Real Madrid. However, 6ft 3ins frontman Giroud - who netted 19 goals last season despite being out for three months with a broken leg - has no doubts he has what it takes to spearhead Arsenal's Barclays Premier Leaguechallenge. "I showed great mental strength last year and I had good stats," said Giroud, whose injury-time strike settled a 4-0 FA Cup final victory over Aston Villaat Wembley. "I always try to improve myself and I feel with the team, so yes, I am sure I can bring something more to the team and to my team-mates." Giroud believes Arsene Wenger's current squad do have what it takes to mount a serious title challenge, despite a disappointing opening day defeat to West Ham at the Emirates. He added: "When you want to win the league it is always a mix of skill and mental quality, technique and tactical. "You cannot win the league without mental strength, so obviously we need that and I think we have got it in our squad, the team is fantastic, like our understanding between us together. I think we can do well with that."


EmoticonEmoticon